A self-motivated woman, creative and an achiever with a cluster of competencies including teamwork, problem-solving and result-oriented capabilities. I have MSc. in geo-information science and earth observation from ITC (2013) University of Twente and a Diploma with distinction in Environmental Management from Maastricht School of Management (2006); NUFFIC sponsored programmes. An award from the German government (InWent) helped to obtain PgD in the application of GIS in local agenda 21 processes from the University of Applied Sciences, Berlin (2004). I also have a diploma in systems administration from GIMPA (2007). I completed geological engineering as undergraduate studies at the KNUST -School of Mines (2002) at Tarkwa. I have received awards from the Australian government to participate in short courses: Managing Mine Closures from Murdoch University and Northwest University in South Africa; and Local Economic and Social Development in Extractives with a focus on Artisanal and Small-Scale Mining at the University of Queensland, Brisbane. I built my career at the Ghana Geological Survey Authority as GIS specialist. I do use GIS, Remote Sensing and GPS technologies; principles and systems to capture, manage, analyse and visualize geographical data from different governmental agencies; and geological field surveys. I serve on a number of committees including the Minerals for Development, Research & Statistics; and on the Ghana Landscape Restoration and Small-Scale Mining Project as a staff.
I do have an open mind, like volunteering and professionally affiliated with a number of institutions including the following:
- Treasurer: Ghana Institution of Geoscientists, 2019 to Date;
- Treasurer: Netherlands Alumni Association of Ghana, 2017-Date;
- Secretary General: Association of Mine Closures Ambassadors, 2017-Date;
- Treasurer: Accra Mining Network, 2020 to Date;
- Member: Women In Mining Ghana, 2016 to Date;
- External relations committee member: West African Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum, 2016-Date;
- Executive member: Netherlands Alumni Association of Ghana, 2013-2017;
- Member: Commission for the Management and Application of Geoscience Information, 2004-Date;
- Member: Geoscience Information in Africa–Network (GIRAF),2013-Date;
- Treasurer: International Christian fellowship, Enschede, Netherlands, 2012-2013;
- Treasurer: Ghanaian Student Association, Enschede, Netherlands, 2012-2013.