The GhIG Education Endowment Fund
The GhIG Education Endowment Fund (GEEF) seeks to provide funding to a variety of educational initiatives to attract and support those studying within the minerals industry.
The purposes of the fund include the following:
- fund research projects that may benefit the minerals industry
- provide scholarships bursaries and other awards to tertiary students undertaking undergraduate or postgraduate study or research in relation to minerals relevant disciplines or courses
- fund and provide lectures to persons involved in the minerals industry and students undertaking study in disciplines relating to the minerals industry
- provide funding to universities for the purposes of running classes, seminars and other activities designed to promote the awareness of and interest in the minerals industry amongst secondary school students
- provide funding to universities for the purpose of providing endowed professorships.
The GEEF Board of Trustees
The GEEF Board of Trustees would be put together by the end of 2016. Nominations are invited.